Sunday, September 25, 2011

Progress Report

Today it rained in Bad Rap class!  I guess there's just nothing I like about blacktop.  I already knew I hate sitting on it when it's hot, and it turns out I also hate sitting on it when it's wet---plus it gets my pretty white feet all dirty.  We did lots of spins and weaves today in Tim's class.  As long as I didn't have to sit, I really enjoyed the exercises.  On the way home I chewed a hole in my "indestructible ball".  SCORE!!!

In Gilroy class on Wednesday night, we did an off-leash "sit and stay" exercise.  Janet got very upset when I turned it into a personal romp through the entire building, running as fast as I could around the room until the teacher caught me.  (Apparently I wasn't supposed to do that??)  The next day, Bill installed a zip line that follows the sidewalk all the way across the back of the house.  Janet clips my leash to the cable and makes me do "off-leash" lessons on it.  I'm not happy about this.  I put my ears back and hang my head down, so Janet must know I'm not happy about it, but she doesn't seem to care.  Really?  I have to be on a leash when doing "off-leash" lessons?  That sucks.  On the up-side, I am getting extra treats while I'm doing this stuff.

Janet found me, Bernie and Bosco a terrific new place to walk---the levee in Gilroy.  It's wide enough for me and Bosco and our two people to walk in one "lane".  In the other lane there are lots of friendly folks and dogs walking toward us.  People ride bicycles and pull wagons with babies in them, too.  It's never boring.  One time we met some teenage boys who had found a little snake I thought it might be fun to play with.  They were a little intimidated by me at first, but they warmed up after Janet introduced me.  Bosco always enjoys the squirrels, but he says he likes me best.

By the way, Bosco knows our car and gets overly excited whenever he sees it.  Bill took our car to Bosco's house the other day without me, and I was told that Bosco looked all around inside the car and then laid down next to it waiting for me to jump out.  He's taking this "socialization" thing pretty seriously. And I have to admit that since he came into my life, I've become a WHOLE lot more comfortable with other dogs!!

2 comments:

  1. A zip line is a GREAT idea!
    Poor Bosco... Howl hates it when we go to Yogi's house and he's not home either. She doesn't understand that we're just there to collect the mail and feed the feral cat.
    Congratulations on conquering the indestructible ball - SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clover you must be getting very good grades in training school. Petrie is cheering you on and thinks you are the prettiest thing he has ever seen.

    ReplyDelete